Dancers need to wear correct attire for safety and uniformity. Please see the guideline below. Please remember to wear long hair up and away from the face, in a style that does not interfere with dance or acrobatic movement.
- Adult Classes –Dance shoes appropriate to the class or socks/ bare feet. Stretchy clothes that allow ease of movement.
- Acro Classes –“Dance paws” or “Foot paws” (small slip-on dance shoes that cover just the ball of the foot) or bare feet. Leggings in any colour can be worn in acro! Black body suit of any style.
- Ballet, including “Ballet Jazz” for Little Stars or “Ballet Lyrical” for Junior, Intermediate & Senior –Pink Ballet Shoes, leather or canvas. (Dancers identifying with male uniforms can opt for ballet shoes in white.) Tights in ballet pink are traditional, but students can also wear beige, skin tone or black. Black body suit of any style. A shear, single layer ballet skirt, of any colour is optional.
- Jazz & Lyrical -Black Slip-On Jazz Shoes. Tights in beige, skin tone or black. Black body suit, any style. Dance shorts are optional.
- Movers & Shakers –Bare feet or ballet shoes. Stretchy clothes of any kind or dance attire of any kind. Please no puffy tutu’s or costumes.
- Musical Theatre –Bare feet. Stretchy clothes of any kind such as leggings and a plain t-shirt.
- Tap – Black Lace-up Tap Shoes for students in Intermediate classes and older. Junior tap dancers can wear any style tap shoe in black. Tights in beige, skin tone or black. Black body suit, any style. Dance shorts are optional.
Little Stars ages 6 & under may wear body suits in black or pink for any class.
Dancers identifying with male uniforms can opt for a tight fitted tank or t-shirt in black or white, instead of a body suit, but note there are male body suits that are recommended. Black leggings or compression pants, similar to what is worn for sports are also recommended. Baggy shorts or pants do not allow for visual correction or placement of the body; this can lead to injury or poor technique.
Remember to ask your dancer about undergarments they might want and ask us if you are unsure what to wear or purchase!