General Studio Policies
- Students are asked to wait for parent pick up inside the studio.
- Only water is permitted in the dance and music studios.
- No outdoor shoes in studios or designated lobby areas. REMOVE OUTDOOR SHOES!
- No chewing gum in class.
- Parents are not permitted in the dance or music studios unless invited by instructors.
- Student absences need to be reported to the office.
- Studio will close in the event of inclement weather conditions. Emails and web updates will be used to inform students.
Student Learning Policy
In order to deliver the best possible experience, teachers need all the information on their students. Any learning challenges that are present in the daytime classroom will also been seen in the performing arts education. Inform us of your child’s learning challenges as well as what process of management is being used at home and at school. Our teachers are experienced with a variety of teaching techniques to engage students of all kinds! Keeping us informed helps teachers reach their goals with each student.
Studio Etiquette Policy
There is an expected level of etiquette that is part of the performing arts education. Parents and students should address teachers and fellow classmates in a respectful manner at all times. No students are to enter the studio unless they have been invited to do so by their teacher. Students are to line up in an orderly fashion outside the studio and enter in a calm and quiet manner. Parents are not permitted to view classes, there will be a parent viewing week arranged during the session.
Students who cause a distraction to the class will be asked not to participate until they can contribute positively and conduct themselves in a professional manner. Parents and guardians that have a concern due to class behaviour policies should be prepared to discuss the issue in a calm and mature manner in a personal meeting with the studio directors. We believe in collaboration for a resolution. Parents who are aggressive or disrespectful to Sound in Motion owners, staff or patrons will have their child removed from all classes, events and performances at or with Sound in Motion. Students who bully or act aggressively to fellow students will receive a warning, upon a second offense the student will be expelled from the studio and all classes. No refunds are given upon termination.
All students should arrive early and be prepared for classes with required materials (music books, dance attire, etc.)
Lobby Etiquette Policy
- Lobby is unsupervised –young students or students who have behaviour issues require a guardian while waiting. Please pick up your children promptly after class.
- Remove outdoor shoes –parents, siblings and students. Whatever is in the lobby is tracked into the dance studios. Remember that dancers sit, lay and touch the floor frequently during class. Help keep our studio clean!
- Parents of Little Stars are asked to remain in the lobby during lesson time for the first couple of lessons.
- Quiet activities in lobby ONLY! NO loud talking, NO hand held games with sound on, NO cell phone conversations, NO horse play. Please remember, there is only a standard door separating you and the music and dance studios,do not disturb the lessons in progress.
- Refrain from controversial conversation and be sensitive to the carried beliefs, values and lifestyles of the families in our community.
Payment method for full year must be received with registration forms and fee via post-dated cheques or credit card authorization form.
- Installments: All accounts under $900.00 must pay in two installments: September 1st & January 1st.
- Monthly: ONLY accounts with a balance greater than $900.00 can opt for monthly installments.
There are NO REFUNDS given for services rendered.
Early exit deadline from group programs is November 30th. Written notification of withdraw from group programs is required by this date. Students can remain in the program until December 31st. Students who remain in programs after this date are responsible for full tuition payment. Students who drop the program after this date will be charged a $75 cancellation fee.
Early exit deadline from private music programs is before the 1st of the month. Students who quit mid-month are still responsible for the full month’s fees. There is no penalty for early exit for private music students.